Tuesday, July 17, 2012

251 Working Days Left

I don't want you to think that I'm obsessed with retirement but I do wish I were in New Hampshire now. Florida is much too hot and way too full of people. I'm really looking forward to the quiet and the chance to observe nature. It will be a joy to be so much more connected to the world. I promise not to label all of my posts with the number of days I have left to work.

Tonight I am working on piecing the Global Girl quilt. I have 4 of the nine sets of pieces chain stitched together. It's all rather intense to sit there and carefully set the next piece on and watch the fabric feed through. Then comes the joy of pressing. Definitely not my favorite part. It gets better once I've pressed the seams over and can use the spray starch.

No pictures tonight. I'll post some more after I have all of the piecing finished - might be tonight but probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment