Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Piecing Continues

Yesterday's work ended when I realized that I skipped the first two rows when I was attaching the last set of pieces. Ugh! That's what happens when you work longer than you should.

Tonight I fixed that and started on stitching the rows together. The sewing was easy except for a couple of folded seams. I pulled a few stitches and fixed them. Then it was on to the ironing board. Ugh again. Fanning the narrow seams takes a lot of patience. I got two seams done but at least now you can see what I'm making.


Some of the red border of the 'girls' shows. My fault when I cut them out. I didn't pay enough attention to the edges. I paid attention to getting the 'girls' oriented. I know it deters from the quality but since this is my first quilt, I'm more concerned with the quality of the workmanship in the stitching and pressing than in the cutting. I know what I did wrong and it's been my motto for as long as I remember to not make the same mistake twice. So I'll go on from here with an extremely important lesson learned.

The Global Girls was not a good choice for this quilt top without adjusting the size of the squares. Overall I'm well pleased though. I find it hard to believe that only a few short weeks ago I wouldn't have believed that I would have gotten this far so quickly.

I think I'm going to love this quilt because of its flaws as much as anything. Hopefully, I'll have more to report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment