Saturday, September 1, 2012

Catching up with August

I've been remiss in updating this blog. My coworker's last day was yesterday. I finish her quilt on the 27th and brought it in to work on the 28th. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I know there are some flaws but overall it's terrific. I rushed to completion and would have liked to have gone back and fixed some things but I simply ran out of time. I learned a lot from the experience. I'll post some pictures later of the finished quilt and of giving it to her. This quilting thing is very rewarding. There is an art to picking the right combination of fabrics. There are skills involvedin executing the various steps correctly. I am well and truly hooked.

I reread a couple of old posts and need to provide some updates. I've decided not to make a version of Winter Wonderland. I am moving on to Harriet's Triple Rail Fence. My color sheme is similar though. The print fabric I am using is of presents so it will be Christmasy like hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment