Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Continual Progress

I promised to upload some pictures of what I've accomplished. Well, here goes.


I used my Thimbleberries quilt with cheater fabrics to do a test run of layering. I had a copy of tucks appear so I did a better job of holding the backing still while I pinned Worldly Women. I think I understand layering pretty well now. I don't plan to do any more of that right away though. I want to work through the other quilt tops first.


Next was th
e machine quilting. I was nervous but I only did straight lines and it came out pretty well on both my practice and Women. Using a walking foot removes so much of the worry over fabric shifting. I know the starch also helps a lot with that.




I'm particularly pleased with my idea to do different color sticking in the black border of women. It repeats the fence post pattern of the blocks and their color.






Overall, Worldly Women became a terrific mix of traditional and modern just like the person I made it for. As you can tell from her smile, she really liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment