Wednesday, September 12, 2012

From Log Cabin to Urban Table: Part 1

I promised some pictures so here they are:




This is my Log Cabin after I completed the squares and sewn the rows together. I am so pleased with how both my piecing and the fabrics worked out.





The complete log cabin quilt top exceeds my expectations. I have several relatives that love purple so I'm sure someone will end up with this as a gift. One of my sister-in-laws had her birthday this week and I promised her her pick of the quilts from Freshman Year.








Here's a close-up of the center of the quilt top. I just love how you can see my perfect pressing of the seams. This is my favorite project so far.




1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! I truly love the colors and how they really came together to create a beautiful quilt. Question: Are you going to wait until book 2 to start quilting your quilts or will you quilt as you go along? Just wondering as I was thinking about to start making the tops and quilting them later. Thanks for the input and talk to you soon. debbie

    ReplyDelete