Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two More Almost Done


I've already completed the top for Triple Rail Fence. I think it looks spectacular and it came together extremely fast. My fabric has a holiday theme like Harriet's example. The work seemed very easy because I was comfortable with the steps that needed to be done. I plan to use this to practice other than straight line quilting. I'm going to try the design provided in the book. Maybe - if I don't chicken out.

Next up is Patriotic Log Cabin. My variation is not very patriotic. At least not for any country I know of - which country has purple, lime green and cream for their colors? I was intimidated by the little pieces of fabric in log cabin squares and couldn't understand why they are so popular. Having done them now, they are so easy and I can see endless design possibilities with the relative orientation of the squares, the number of rounds, colors, etc. I get it! Log cabin squares are awesome! I'm not going to linger over them though. There is too much else to learn about. My husband suggested that I add a green border to mine. I agree that would tie everything together. I also think adding four more inches (2 on each side) would make a nicer size.

2 comments:

  1. From one Quilter Academy to another, I wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog. After reading yours and a few others I made the plunge to begin Ms. Harriet's studies and, needless to say, I am loving them. I think your fabric choices are great and cannot wait to see your ending results. Happy quilting from North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have part of your inspiration. Please stay in touch and share your progress. Enjoy the adventure!

      Delete